Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Yesterday was so much better than the previous. It started out wonderfully and continued to be so. Ainsley woke earlier than usual... about 7:30. I brought her upstairs with me and for about 30 minutes we played together - giggling- on the bed. Then, when Aidan woke up around 8:00 we all had breakfast. Of course there were the usual tearful moments here or there but not overly so... like the day before! Ugh.. seriously it was horrible... from the moment they awakened it was tantrum after tantrum. Anyway I composed a list of the top ten things that made yesterday so wonderful....

1) Giggling and playing quietly in the morning with Ainsley... I treasure those moments because they do not happen nearly as much as they did with Aidan.. much to my chagrin

2) Playing marching band... I in the lead, Aidan close behind trying to figure out how to use her instrument and "march" at the same time, Ainsley... next... walking but chewing on her maraca, and oh look! there is Grandma bringing in the rear unabashedly making a fool of herself. Loved it!

3) Aidan looking out for her little sister... The girls wanted a piece of cheese. I held out a piece and told Ainsley to come get it. She threw a mini fit because she wanted me to go to her. So I call Aidan over to get her piece as an example to Ainsley. She takes it and instead of eating it walked over and put it in Ainsley's mouth. She looked at me and smirked. The way she did it... I swear was like she taking up for "her DeDe."

4) Hearing Aidan exclaim "Ohhh goodness... (sigh)... ohhh goodness" in that gentle soft way of hers that is absolutely adorable but you've got to hear it to understand.

5) Ainsley's ecstasy as she eats a cookie... it was so funny to watch.

6) Finding out that our tax refund will be a lot more than expected. (just in time to fix our septic's drain field haha)

7) Last minute run to Michaels with Mutti... getting out of the house... and finding cute little tin buckets that I have absolutely no idea what I'll do with but they make me happy anyway.

8) The hour or so that us three girls rolled around in the floor, played "horsey", rolling balls back and forth, wrestling, squealing, and just generally laughing and having a good time. Ahh ... happy moments!

9) Watching two little girls get along, sharing, playing nicely, Aidan looking out for Ainsley, hearing them laugh together, hearing them argue... but in a nice way, and a bunch of little tiny things I wished I had written down in a list as they happened... though it would take quite a bit of space to write it all..

10) Last but NOT least!!! The most wonderful moment was when I caught Aidan sitting on the floor next to Ainsley.. both identically posed with legs straight out... books surrounding them... Aidan reading to Ainsley (part was made up, part was actual reading) in a high-pitched but sweet and endearing "I'm talking to a little kid" voice. It was such a Kodak moment but if I had run and got my camera I wouldn't have been able to watch and enjoy.

No comments: