Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GoodBye Dixie


I'm not sure what your life was all about.
I don't understand why something is brought into this world to never know love.
I imagine you young, gangly, with long ears.
How cute and adorable you must have been.
You could have been beautiful if you had been cared for.
You deserved it.
Dixie you had a wonderful spirit
and such intelligence!
You were such a fighter.
Around 8 this morning you finally gave up.
We gave you three more years of life, Dixie.
I am happy with myself over that.
I do not think you were unhappy with us.
I do think we could have offered you more.
We didn't love you.
For that, I am ashamed.
You never knew love.
What an awful way to live.
Goodbye Dixie Doodle.
Please find peace
and if reincarnation does exist
I hope the next time around you find love
lots of it.
I cannot bare to think that this was it for you.
What a tragedy if it was.

No comments: