Wednesday, February 11, 2009

P.A.R.K.

With the weather being so BEAUTIFUL today, Mutti and I took the girls to the park. It was nice and it felt really good to get outside. Ainsley has actually never been to a park to play so I made sure I snapped a lot of pictures of her "first time."



Of course, like Aidan, Ainsley loves the swings the best. She doesn't love the climbing equipment yet. My fearless baby was actually afraid. Today I learned a lesson about Ainsley's willpower. This is crazy but she was obviously very hesitant about being there... I had put her on one of the platforms of a small play area... she refused to move... her feet and legs were shaking... she was really scared but yet she clapped her hands and smiled anyway and "toughed it out". As I watched she kept herself under control even though there were moments of sheer panic. The control of herself... the willpower is scary. I was so... I don't even know how to explain it... proud? surprised? slightly taken aback?...(and not really in a good way) Doesn't this sound so ridiculous? Seriously though... I know few adults who can control themselves and "push through" what they are feeling. Wow. It kindof scares me knowing that she has that control. It's hard to explain.

We still enjoyed the park though.

2 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Way to go, girlie! What sweet photos...

Peterson Party said...

She looks like she's having a blast, you'd never know she was scared!