Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bonny Valentine's Day...

...and how two tired parents spend their Valentine's Day

I am now the proud owner of real furniture. Up until yesterday we have only owned cheap pieces from Walmart and hand-me-downs. Somehow the day turned into something completely different than we had planned and turned into a shopping trip for antiques. It started out with Mutti and I going to a yard sale while John and the girls slept. Then all of us went to a store that we've seen on craigslist. This store I shall be visiting again. It's a little used furniture and antique shop. The prices are high but still somewhat reasonable. Though I had gone looking for what I thought was a kids table and chair set (turned out it wasn't) we ended up purchasing a small couch and a nice, antique table. It is really surprising how one table can make a room look so much more put-together. Later, Mutti and I stopped at another store and I made an awesome discovery. In the very back where one would almost miss them I found two old antique twin beds from the 1940's. They're beautiful and I will be using them in the girls' room. Because of some rather nice (if I do say so myself) theatrical performances on Mutti and my part.. we were able to have the prices reduced. I ended up getting them for $100/piece. Wow!

So, yeah, what about the whole romantic part?

Well...

John and I took a bubble bath together while discussing our next project for the house. Does that count?

Then, we watched The Women which is a chick flick so that MUST count.

Then we went to bed... to sleep.

Ahhh
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Super Fun Mama said...

The bubble bath sounds romantic! Oh I love antique shopping. I haven't been in quite a while but love it. My fave is this antique store simply called Antique Warehouse and it has has 90,000 square feet of shops, warehouses and showrooms in 10 buildings! It is HUGE and mostly antique furniture which I love.I don't own any but I love it.