Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Too Much

Today Bridgett found out that my niece, Makensie, has a heart defect- most probably caused by something called Marfan Syndrome. Which, by the way, means Bridgett has it and it's highly likely AT LEAST one other of her kids has it. I hope they all don't have it. The chances of passing it down are 50/50. It is a dominant genetic disorder that is very serious and may or may not be fatal... depending on how severe they have it. It is incurable and you have to deal with it for life. Based on the symptoms... we're all pretty sure Cole will have it as well. My heart bleeds over this. I almost feel so overwhelmed by it all I've lost all feeling. Bridgett was just diagnosed with cervical cancer and now she and at least two of her children have a potentially fatal disorder. What else is about to happen? It's just too much.

No comments: