Monday, August 04, 2008

Lazy Day

I've done nothing but "straighten up" the house a little. The girls have played all day. Often my heart has been warmed because Aidan and Ainsley have sat and giggled and shared toys. Of course, Miss Aidan only allows Ainsley to use SOME of her toys. However, in spite of that she seems to love playing with her little sister. I have to watch them carefully though... Aidan has decided it's fun to attack and wrestle with Ainsley.



John just came home early to help and to spend time with us tonight. I love John. He can be such a buttheaded guy but then be so giving.

Today is Mutti's birthday. I hope Bridgett gives her something. We will celebrate when Mutti gets back on Saturday.

It is so weird without Mutti here. I keep catching myself going towards her room to ask her something or wanting to tell her something or having her see something the kids are doing. I keep having to remind myself she's in N.C. It is going to be really hard when she takes off. I wish her to have her own place but my entire married life and life of a mother has had her in it. I know no other way to be nor do I wish to. It breaks my heart to think of Aidan and Ainsley not seeing her every day. I think the quality of their lives will be less with not having another important influence. If only she'd move down the street or at least stay within the same city.

I'm hoping this trip will help Bridgett and her get along better... maybe understand each other better.

I so ramble all the time....

No comments: