Friday, June 11, 2010

What I'm Presently Researching (because I do so LOVE to research!)


Anyone have any comments/likes or dislikes about any of these?


To Use Now

Al Abacus with workbooks and worksheets
H.W. T. Get Set for School (Ainsley)

For Next Year (January)

All About Spelling 2
Sequential Spelling 2

Real Science-4-Kids, Biology Level 1
Real Science-4-Kids, Physics Level 1
OR
R.E.A.L Science Odyssey- Life (Level 1)
R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey- Earth and Space (Level 1)
(This might be too advanced for what I'm looking for but I like how it looks)

I have yet to find a History reading program I think we'll like so next year my plan is... at this moment... to use an encyclopedia as a spine and just check out books according to whatever we're reading. I also am not planning on moving History beyond just reading about it until January 2012.


2 comments:

TheRockerMom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

TheRockerMom said...

Well, we love the Activities & Worksheets for the AL Abacus. We're moving slowly (because I know that's how RS does it) to make sure that each step is mastered. It goes from recognizing quantities through 10 all the way to division and beyond. For the price, it seems like a great thing to have on the shelf. You could easily move quickly through things to get to the best place for your dd. (Skipping things wouldn't make this program any different from any other.)

HWT PK is really fun and hands-on (if you buy or make all the extras). The workbook is not really all that special on its own. It works well with the rest of the program, though. I don't know if this program is necessary, but I'm not big on making my son write at this time. You have girls, so YMMV.

I am interested in AAS 1 (why are you considering SS instead?). I think it would be easy for your dd, but you could ensure that no rules/phonograms are missed. Plus, you'd have it for your little one to use later.

(Sorry about the deleted comment. It was the only way I could figure to edit mine. I didn't know it would show that "removed by author" thing.)