Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Starting Back



Aidan started Gymnastics today...again. We changed gyms and from this one lesson I believe I'll like it much better. She actually was the only student present. There apparently is one other but she was on vacation. The instructor, Ms. Angela, put Aidan through her paces trying her out and seeing what she could do. I have to admit to being surprised on how well she did on things. It has been a LOOONG time since her last class and she was doing things she had never done before. It was amusing to see Ms. Angela start Aidan out on trying easy things and quickly having her do much harder things. The only thing Aidan struggled with was climbing a knotted rope... which I do not at all blame her for having trouble with! Goodness knows I cannot do it! Anyway... Aidan enjoyed it but then complained all the way home that it was a "baby class" and she wanted to go to the "big kid" class. I ended up lecturing her on being grateful about going and that she had to work hard and practice with what Ms. Angela says to do and that if she does that she'll move into a bigger class but needed to learn the basics first. I'm sure most of what Aidan heard was "blah blah blah" but I know she heard some of it so .... we'll see how it goes. Watching her today really affirmed in my head...however... that I have picked the right sport for her. Having a Mom with an excellent set of "instincts" *wink* really works in their favor sometimes.

No comments: