Monday, June 28, 2010

TRUTHS

I ask Ainsley while she's playing dress up if she's the princess. "No," she says. "I'm the Queen!"

While reading a Frog and Toad story... Aidan reads the word "read" wrong and reads it as a present tense instead of past tense. When it's explained that it already happened she quickly points out the picture shows his mouth open so that means he's doing it right now.

There can never be enough puzzles in our house.

The older the girls get... the easier things are. Being stringent in my expectations of their behavior really pays off now that they're older. They behave automatically and I receive compliments everywhere I go on how well behaved and mannerly they are. I'm still looking for those terrible twos and threes. :-)

I will never be too wealthy to NOT yard sale. I have the greatest luck with them and find the absolute best deals!

I really need to buy a notebook for the express purpose of writing down the girls' adventures in their playing. They are so imaginative and detailed! It's like watching an enjoyable play.

I was always an intelligent person but my children are more so. Sometimes I'm scared of having more because I'm already worried I wont be able to pace the two I have.

Touring preschools was a joke. I was thinking hard of putting Aidan in twice a week for socializing and because she would enjoy the structure of school. However, when the only thing the director could come up with on why it would be a good place for Aidan to go is so that Aidan can learn how to use scissors... I knew right then. Learn to use scissors? Yeah, considering Aidan has been using scissors proficiently for well over a year... I think I'm doing a much better job in my lackadaisical way than any preschool could do.

I was accused recently from an anonymous commenter of thinking my kids are greater than any others and that my blogs were nothing but brag fests..... well.... as to that..... all I can say is...... DUUUUHHH!!!! I don't believe I've ever met another parent who didn't really believe their kids were the best and smartest and overall greatest. That's how it should be!

( I would like to point out though... I have never made up anything I've written and I've always striven to be as accurate as I can on how I present things... so if the girls come across as being rather awesome... then that means they're awesome!!!! ;-) )

3 comments:

Denae said...

I love your kids and from knowing you personally It's not like you go around acting like your kids are better than every1 elses. Your girls are extremly intelligent I'v seen nothing but truths posted about them. As moms we shouldn't be competing with one another but encouraging each other to love and support and build up our children. You bet I was bragging when I wrote about my 5 yr old diving to the bottom of a pool. Doesnt mean I think she's better than any1 elses kid just means I'm very proud of her.

JDK said...

A resounding YES! to the notebook idea.

Peterson Party said...

Love it!!