Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 14


Writing:

Write a note to Daddy

* handwriting workbook

( When Aidan was unsure how to form her letters... she wrote very neatly because she was concentrating. Now that she can write her letters without thinking about it... she's writing sloppily and hastily. I do not want her to develop bad habits so we'll be concentrating on neatness for a few weeks)

Reading:
Random reading

Phonics:
Explode the Code: Lesson 9, 10, & 11 (finish book 1)

(Aidan is flying through the lessons with very minimal help so I've decided to just let her finish Book 1 so that we can run through Book 1.5. I plan for us to do it verbally except for the writing sentences pages.)

Math
Singapore 1A: Lesson 2
X-tra Practice: pgs. 5-6

Wkshts: "before, after, & between"

Emphasis: using a number line


***Ainsley***

-coloring
-puzzles
-matching games
-tracing

2 comments:

Karin said...

Hi! The computer guy is coming Tuesday to look at the computer...

Anyways, I'm not "turned off" to Horizons per say. I still like it a lot but I was thinking about working on a more conceptual/problem solving approach (SM, MEP, Miquon) to math verses the traditional way (Horizons). We are going to try MEP and Miquon to see if we will even like them. So far Squeak has used the c-rods twice and made quick progress so I think she likes them. We are officially going to start school back up for the summer on June 1st. So I'll post about our first impressions of these two new programs.

I do like Horizons but I just want to experiment this summer and see what happens.

Karin said...

PS. Miquon and SM go really well together. There is a chart of topics that line up in each program - we are going to use that this summer....

http://web.archive.org/web/20080307072415/http://www.singmath.com/SM_Miquon.htm

My plan is to work with the c-rods first then start working the chart together- the chapters we already covered (briefly at least).