Friday, May 21, 2010

Math Mania

This week we did more math than I planned. As I've said before... Aidan loves math and so apparently
does Ainsley.

The lessons on number words were a "no-brainer" for Aidan. No review was required. Since she can read it took her just a minute to match them all up. The only word she couldn't figure out was "eight" and so then used the process of elimination to figure it out.



Ainsley really shocked me this week. First of all... she... very vocally... has been making sure I let her do school too. Secondly... she knows a lot more than I was aware of and I'm not even sure how she knows it.

First she matched all her counting bears
with dot cards I made...



Then she counted each card and I'll be danged if she didn't match the number cards
to each as well...



(She's not quite 28 months yet)

Thank you to Confessions of a Homeschooler for all your printables such as this fun math game. I printed out both the Add It! and the Subtract It! game. It's a nice way to practice the math facts although I must admit I doubt Aidan will use it long because she's already memorizing the facts. But! Until she gets them all down.. I'm sure she'll use it.
If not she... then I know now Ainsley will!!!



What else did we learn?

I learned Ainsley absolutely LOVES worksheets too. She calls them her "homework." Seriously, she loved them so much and was so proud that she got homework too, I felt horrible that I hadn't given it to her sooner. She waited all day so that she could proudly show her Daddy.



1 comment:

julie said...

We love teddy bear counters here too! Although, my oldest doesn't really need them, she thinks she does ;)