Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Break

Right now is the calm before the storm... family is coming in at 10 tomorrow morning. The day will be spent building a wall between our bathroom and bedroom (which is for some odd reason completely open to each other). Somewhere in there I'll take a trip to Sams. Friday there will be an educational excursion somewhere for the visiting kids as well as a family cookout to celebrate Aidan's birthday. Oh yeah, and Friday we'll be finishing the wall. Saturday is Aidan's HELLO KITTY PARTY! She is extremely excited.

I?

I cannot claim to be excited. On one hand, I mean, of course I am because I'm excited over Aidan being excited but the closer its gotten... the more I wish I hadn't planned so much. I think reality has hit me and I realize now that Aidan would be happy with far less than what I'm orchestrating. Though, to be fair, some of my spirit has perhaps been dampened because I've had a few cancellations from people with very shaky excuses.

My daughter is turning three. I think the standard line is "I can't believe it!" Uh... well... part of me can't believe it but the majority of me cannot believe she's older. Honestly... I FEEL like she should be turning 4. I even caught myself checking her birth date to make sure I hadn't made some gross miscalculation... or somehow forgot an entire year.

Okay... not really... but you get the point.

It's almost midnight.

I gotta go...

clean the kitchen top to bottom

No comments: