Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Funky Pregnancy Dream

I had one of those dreams you hear about that pregnant women have. In it, Aidan decided to be born while I was by myself. It didn't hurt and I had no problems or pain. I had no emotions. I got a white dishpan and caught her in it, wrapped her up in a shirt or some other article of clothing, put her away from me, and then sat there over the dishpan waiting for the rest to come out. When the placenta and all came out I was still attatched to it all by the umbilical cord- though not to Aidan, just the afterbirth. It was pretty gross. All the gunk was going into the dishpan. Anyway, I was completely uninterested in Aidan and really wasn't feeling anything at all. It never occurred to me to wonder if the baby was even breathing. I just sat there and read a magazine because I didn't know what to do about the stuff still attatched to me so I decided to wait until John got home. I remember thinking that this was gross and I couldn't wait until I could be clean again. Well, while I was sitting there John walked in (I think from work), I looked up from my magazine, and calmly announced that Aidan arrived. Weird huh? What is that supposed to mean?

No comments: