Saturday, September 23, 2006

37 Weeks

John and I got back from our "day of anniversary" just an hour or so ago. We got started a bit late but went to Hilton Head, SC. Neither of us had been there so we had no clue what was there or how to get there. (We didn't check online before we left). Basically, we just drove there by following signs. When we got there, we had trouble finding the beach and ended up asking directions from a toll-booth lady. Once we were set straight we walked around these little tourist shops, had lunch, and bought bookends made from Agate. Afterward, we found the beach and got our feet wet. I was really tired but the weather wasn't too hot and I managed well. I like Hilton Head better than Tybee. Hilton Head has free parking lots right on the beach. We both were so surprised about that since we're so used to Savannah's parking meters. Anyway, on the beach I quickly lost steam so we left and decided to go to Charleston and to BabiesRUs. (Once again, we didn't know how to get there.) So, we stopped, bought gas at $2.19/gallon!, got a S.C. map, took all the back roads, and prayed that we would somehow remember how to get there. Well, we remembered but both of us were stressed thinking it closed at 9 and that we'd miss it by five or ten minutes. It closed at 9:30. We arrived at 8:50. They had my lamp! Yay! We liked it and bought that, the mattress, and the two mattress pads. (all the things Savannah doesn't carry) Now, we won't have to travel down there to finish our shopping. We can finish the list down here. That'll make things easier. When we left the store we crossed the parking lot and ate dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. The funny thing was that we were nearly done before either one of us remembered that Longhorn was where we ate the night of our wedding and that we were starting a tradition. The food was much to our tastes this time though. Well, once back home, I set up the lamp and mattress and poked around in the nursery awhile. The lamp makes a difference. I love the nightlight feature. While sitting in the chair with the just the nightlight on- I started imagining little Aidan half-asleep, wanting to be fed, snuggling with me, late at night. I suppose I won't always think it's something to dream about but for now I do. I'm getting very ready to meet this child of mine.

Today was a good day. John was extremely relaxed and had an unhurried attitude. He didn't even mind that we got lost for a time. I did well even with little sleep and didn't have a faint spell. No, nothing spectacular happened. We didn't go on a cruise or to a fancy restaurant but we spent the day just enjoying being with each other. I definitely think we will remember this day.

As for the court thing, I'll try to remember to write it all down later but I'm too tired at the moment. My sister is expected sometime in the morning and it's already 2:30am. So, for now, I'm going to bed.

No comments: