Friday, March 23, 2012

Talks

We're on a break this week and the next because we're down in Georgia. However, the girls and I have been talking about what they want and how they want to do it.

Aidan "really really" wants a schedule. She wants it on the wall, easily seen, and a nice big clock so she can follow the schedule by herself. Pulling things randomly out bothers her a lot more than I had imagined. It bothers her because as she puts it "some weeks we don't get much done and I'd really like to make sure a lot gets done every week" and second of all, she doesn't like things disorganized. (yes, ocd runs in the family)

Ainsley wants free time mostly but she wants to do school with just me and not at the same time with Aidan. "I don't like doing it that way" she says.

So, I've made a schedule for both girls. 

Aidan has two periods of working that is broken up with an hour to free read.  I may make adjustments as we go and have her do only 2 days of language arts and give that slot for more History. However, I am considering writing as part of language arts so we may make use of the time but I'm unsure. Science is on Fridays with Daddy when he visits for the weekend.



During that hour of free reading, Ainsley does her schooling.... one-on-one with me.



So, when we return to N.C. we'll start using the schedules. I'm not really happy about it because the more schooling we've done.. the more I've turned away from the traditional methods. I myself prefer working on whatever we wish to work on.. for as long as we wish (like the Montessori way) However, I'm willing to try it their way.

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

TheRockerMom said...

Good luck with the scheduling! I think we may need a schedule, ourselves.