Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What Aidan is Reading





***I grew up LOVING the Berenstain Bears and Aidan seems to be doing so as well. I spent hours re-reading them even when I was a teenager. Many of them out of our collection are the originals and well-loved so I have them taped up in spots. I am not, however, enamored of the newer stories. To me, they are just not as well-written as the older ones and honestly, they are so focused on "Godly" matters... they just don't seem to be the same Berenstain Bears I knew and loved. (Not saying there is anything wrong with the "Godly" theme but it's like it's a different family) I love that Aidan is able to read the Berenstain Bears books now. It's fun passing the love of a story down to your children.

*** I've said it before... I love the older readers and whenever I see them... I snatch them up. I found a small set of Puddle Lane readers in a Goodwill and think they're quite cute.

***The Breyer Stablemates books are such a good fit for Aidan. She loves horses and the stories are nicely written (although formulaic) and just- right for her level.

No comments: