Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meet: Bennigan Owen


I have always rescued dogs. I've never bought a dog... until yesterday afternoon. Yesterday, the family and I went to the local flea market and like always... we looked at the pet section. The pet section is depressing. Puppy mills have cages after cages of "purebreds" and"designer" breeds. Most are sick with respiratory infections and whatnot and are undersized. Anyone who has any sense would not buy a dog from them... instead, they would call the authorities. I have walked through that flea market a million times and have ahhhd over many a cute dog. But yesterday I looked into a cage and a puppy looked at me and wagged his tail... and I was a goner. It was love at first sight. We bonded.

I LOVED that dog.

I really really WANTED that dog.

But I walked away... heart-sore.

I went home... teary-eyed.

I told myself a billion and one reasons why getting that dog was crazy, irrational, and irresponsible.

But then John and I went and picked him up later in the afternoon.

I HAD to have him.

His name is Bennigan Owen.

He's a shih-tzu/min. poodle "designer" puppy.

LOL!!

I have never wanted a "fru fru" dog and I have never wanted a poodle anything.
I'm a large dog/ retriever lover.

But even now... when I think of all the potty-training and all the messes and training I have to look forward to... I don't really care.

I love Him and he belongs with me.

(I just hope he'll turn out to be well-behaved so that everyone else loves him too.)

;-)

No comments: