Sunday, August 01, 2010

Clocking In

LIFE has been really busy and lately our household has been under a lot of stress.
Luckily, most of the stress seems to have disappeared.
So, I'M BACK!

I am SOOO ready to start school back. I've discovered that Aidan becomes quite a little monster when her brain is not stimulated. This child seriously needs school! I'm setting August 16th as our official "back to school" date. In this interim, however, I've been preparing and setting things up.

The playroom is now the schoolroom/ playroom...



Here is a TOUR...





****************************************************

I've set up a workbox type plan but with using folders instead. (The folder idea came from Homeschool Creations) This way seems the simplest to me.

In the first pocket I have a complete checklist of everything to be done...



Each subsequent pocket has all the necessary papers and worksheets to be completed for one subject...


The last pocket is a list of all the books Aidan has read.


When the week is over all sheets will be hole-punched and put in a large binder. I plan to keep a binder per year per kid.

*****************************************************

I've actually kept up with the reading chart for Aidan. Every 25 books she reads she gets to go to the dollar store and pick something out. Every book is not counted... only the harder ones. However, she's filling in her chart a little too quickly so I'll either stop using the reward system (she doesn't need it ... it's just fun to do) or make it 50 books instead.




1 comment:

Karin said...

Where did you get those nice white shelving units?

Great finds on the readers! We were given a brand new set of the Scholastic Brain Bank 1st Grade Readers from a gal who works at the school. The school was going to toss them!!

Great to have you blogging again!