Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SwimDate



I barely belong to our old playgroup. All the older kids are in preschool and opportunities for socializing the girls have become scarce. However, today we went to an awesome playdate in this awesome pool. It was great. My friend Denae and her girls were there (which is always a draw because my girls LOVE her girls.) I acted like a big kid and was probably too loud but we had a blast!!




I had to push Aidan into going on the slide. She tried it a few times to please me but then afterward refused. I'm just happy she tried it. I push her to do things to a certain level and then I'll back off. I feel bad about pushing but if I didn't... she'd play it safe always and with my pushing... she has discovered many loves.

Ainsley loved the slide as long as she had a float... and little Miss Independent would climb up the stairs and go down all by herself. "I got it Mom" is Ainsley's attitude.



Although she was afraid of the slide...Aidan did do an awesome job being in the water. She jumped in off the side, she floated on her back, and she swam across the pool by herself. I was proud of her.



*UPDATE* After this pool visit... Aidan took off her arm floats and is now swimming only with her safety suit. Go Aidan! Ainsley will now swim without a float. Go Ainsley!

1 comment:

Denae said...

this was a really great playdate, once it's not so hot out I will be up for hanging out more lol. Your girls did a really good job on that slide but I think you and I had the most fun.